Tonight I drove home later than normal. As luck would have it, tonight’s sunset in Phoenix was one of those Kodak moments that happen often. I didn’t have my camera with me, so all I could do was enjoy the picturesque scene in the western sky. I can’t really describe the colors (golden yellow, orange, and pink) that were being reflected off the scattered clouds that hung low on the horizon.
I know some of you who live in Arizona have seen many gorgeous sunsets in real life or pictures that are often featured in such magazines as Arizona Highways. Just imagine one of those times when you were lucky enough to witness a beautiful Arizona sunset.
If you don’t live in a place that has sunsets such as those we get to experience here in Phoenix, search the Internet for “images Arizona sunset” and then use your imagination. You can also go to a newsstand or library and browse through the magazines. Hopefully you will find a beautiful picture of a sunset.
It happened again! I failed to post a blog last night or maybe the last two nights. Anyway, here is another feeble attempt to put some words together.
I don’t know if anybody will ever read these words. That’s not the point. I just expend a little effort to make sure that a few random letters interspersed with some appropriate punctuation entered into my blog actually make some sense.
The chances for success decrease with each waning moment of the day. I wonder if my thoughts would be more coherent in the early morning? Or, is that wishful thinking on my part? I may never know. It’s late and is definitely time for bed.
For the last few nights I manged to find time to create a blog entry. Most were small and didn’t require much time to write. Last night, I let myself get distracted by a new toy I brought home from work.
We are thinking of ways to use smart devices for some new projects. We got two devices, an iPod Touch and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I got to experiment with the Galaxy Tab while a coworker tried out the iPod. Once I got home, it was a simple task to connect to the home wireless network. Since I have been using an Android phone for over a year, the Galaxy was easy to use. I hope to share my thoughts about the Galaxy and our project ion the future.
Normally the drive home at night is uneventful. Tonight was different. A multi-vehicle accident (complete with fire trucks, ambulances, tow trucks, and highway patrol cars) caused a traffic jam that impacted motorists in four lanes on the northbound freeway. And the backup started just as I entered the freeway.
My nightly commute should take between 25 and 30 minutes. Tonight I managed to drive only three tenths of a mile in 30 minutes. I believe that is about three thousand feet per hour. Luckily, once I drove past the wreck and tow truck, things improved dramatically. The remainder of the commute took about 20 minutes.
I guess I have too much time on my hands. Today I was more social than most days in the past month.
- I browsed Facebook several times and responded to some posts from my family
- I replied to a tweet from someone I follow, but had never interacted with before
- I started the Seesmic application on my Android phone for the first time in about a month
- I actually sent out an unsolicited tweet
- I also interacted with a few new people on Google+
- I created this new blog post
Tomorrow it will back to normal … lurking in some dark corner of the Internet reading my social media sources and waiting for another day to socialize with more people.
It has been said that “Time flies when you are having fun“. But what happens to time when you aren’t having fun?
Random things that happened today … Go Figure!
- Found out that I am still too short for my current weight (up more than 6 pounds since last check 4 months ago)
- Lunch portion was too large … took some back to office, but I don’t really feel like eating left-over Oriental food
- On the drive home, received call from home. Guess what? Family wanted Oriental food for supper
- Took a while for family to decide what to eat once I got home … Take-out Mexican food was final decision
- Take-out place was busy! Some credit card payments were not able to be processed. Manager basically “gave away the food” … but my credit card was processed okay
- Because I worked later than normal, I missed the fourth major dust storm that occurred this summer in the Phoenix area
- I originally posted this in the wrong portion of this blog