Tonight I drove home later than normal. As luck would have it, tonight’s sunset in Phoenix was one of those Kodak moments that happen often. I didn’t have my camera with me, so all I could do was enjoy the picturesque scene in the western sky. I can’t really describe the colors (golden yellow, orange, and pink) that were being reflected off the scattered clouds that hung low on the horizon.
I know some of you who live in Arizona have seen many gorgeous sunsets in real life or pictures that are often featured in such magazines as Arizona Highways. Just imagine one of those times when you were lucky enough to witness a beautiful Arizona sunset.
If you don’t live in a place that has sunsets such as those we get to experience here in Phoenix, search the Internet for “images Arizona sunset” and then use your imagination. You can also go to a newsstand or library and browse through the magazines. Hopefully you will find a beautiful picture of a sunset.
Normally the drive home at night is uneventful. Tonight was different. A multi-vehicle accident (complete with fire trucks, ambulances, tow trucks, and highway patrol cars) caused a traffic jam that impacted motorists in four lanes on the northbound freeway. And the backup started just as I entered the freeway.
My nightly commute should take between 25 and 30 minutes. Tonight I managed to drive only three tenths of a mile in 30 minutes. I believe that is about three thousand feet per hour. Luckily, once I drove past the wreck and tow truck, things improved dramatically. The remainder of the commute took about 20 minutes.
It has been said that “Time flies when you are having fun“. But what happens to time when you aren’t having fun?
Random things that happened today … Go Figure!
- Found out that I am still too short for my current weight (up more than 6 pounds since last check 4 months ago)
- Lunch portion was too large … took some back to office, but I don’t really feel like eating left-over Oriental food
- On the drive home, received call from home. Guess what? Family wanted Oriental food for supper
- Took a while for family to decide what to eat once I got home … Take-out Mexican food was final decision
- Take-out place was busy! Some credit card payments were not able to be processed. Manager basically “gave away the food” … but my credit card was processed okay
- Because I worked later than normal, I missed the fourth major dust storm that occurred this summer in the Phoenix area
- I originally posted this in the wrong portion of this blog